XenForo Convert image all 5.3 Download

File Size: KB

Download Count:

File Update Date:

You can free Convert image all

5.3 download the source from the button above

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Converts all hot linked images to attachments.

The Convert image all add-on will convert hot linked images in messages to attachments. Hot linked images are those images that have been inserted using the Image icon in the editor toolbar.

This add-on is run manually and is used to process all hot linked images in all posts.

(Example of hot linked image)

pic001-jpg.jpg

(Example of attachment)

pic002-jpg.jpg

(Example of Maximum attachment image dimensions selection)

pic003-jpg.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic004-jpg.jpg

(Example of Convert image all page)

pic005-jpg.jpg

(Example of Convert image all confirm page)

pic006-jpg.jpg

Features:
  • Images greater than maximum width and height settings in Admin Control Panel will be resized.
  • Links surrounding attachments automatically removed.
Maximum attachment image dimensions selection:

Although the screenshot above says you can use 0 or blank, this add-on requires you to use a positive value for the Maximum attachment image dimensions settings. I suggest using 2500 x 2500.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Options -> Attachments -> Maximum attachment image dimensions

How to use:
  1. In your browser add 'convertimageall' to your forum URL.
  2. Click the 'Prepare rebuild table' link.
  3. Follow instructions on Convert image all confirm page.
Question and Answers:

Q: I have an older forum with 2 million posts. How long will it take to convert all IMG tags to attachments?
A: About an hour.

Q: Some hot linked image are not converted, why is this?
A: If a hot linked image is either too small or too large, or the dimensions are not able to be read, those images are not converted and will require manual conversion.

Q: Are attachments reused, meaning if the same attachment is located in several posts does each one use up disk space?
A: Each attachment is saved separately, however this is not a problem these days as disk space is so inexpensive.

Q: Does this add-on convert hot linked images in other areas besides posts?
A: No.

Q: Should I run this add-on once every few months to catch any new hot linked images not converted?
A: Yes.

Q: Does Convert image add-on support $config['http']['proxy'] to hide my IP address?
A: Yes.